Search The Web

STU PITT MORAN 2020

STU PITT MORAN 2020
Vote Stu Pitt NOT Stupid

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Washington Man Chooses Jail Over Fine For Marijuana - Toke of the Town

Washington Man Chooses Jail Over Fine For Marijuana - Toke of the Town

By Steve Elliott ~alapoet~ in Culture, News
Friday, July 29, 2011, at 4:20 pm


276881_225517427489148_33429_n.jpeg

A Washington state man on Friday chose jail over paying a marijuana possession fine, as a way of protesting the laws against cannabis.

Dana Walker of Olympia was reportedly led away in handcuffs after telling Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary R. Tabor, "As to the matter now before us I have no intention of making any more payments and I am requesting as long a jail sentence as the law allows for my refusal."

Walker set up a Facebook event for his Friday court appearance, inviting the public to witness his statement to the judge, reports The Weed Blog.

"Have you ever wanted to go into a courtroom and honestly tell the judge and prosecutor what you think of their marijuana laws?" Walker asked on the Facebook page, "Dana Goes to Jail!"

"I have a golden opportunity to do just that and I plan to take full advantage," he said. "Those of you who personally know me know I am fully capable of turning righteous indignation into an entertaining show, and I plan to pull out all stops on this one.

"I owe Thurston County over $3,000 for a marijuana charge from back in 1997," he said. "I am currently unemployed, I am not a fan of hot weather, and I wouldn't mind at all spending a few weeks in jail just for the opportunity to tell a court where they can stick their laws.

Click headline to continue...





No comments:

Post a Comment