Search The Web

STU PITT MORAN 2020

STU PITT MORAN 2020
Vote Stu Pitt NOT Stupid

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Drug Policy Made Me An Anarch - Daily Anarchist

Drug Policy Made Me An Anarch - Daily Anarchist
SayNo
Drug legalization was one of the first issues that helped me down the path towards the ideas of liberty. Growing up in Alabama in the 1980′s & 1990′s I was taught “drugs are bad.” And I remember Nancy Reagan’s “Just say no!” campaign. Like most people, I was taught the government propaganda about drugs, especially the dangers of marijuana as a gateway drug.
When I was in high school I always knew that I could find drugs if I wanted, but I never felt the urge (or pressure) to try. In fact, I was 32-years-old before I ever tried marijuana. It was during a public speaking class in my junior year of high school that someone gave a speech titled “Just Say No Is Not Possible.” I can’t even recall the details of that speech, and I haven’t actually thought about it in over 18 years, but I can’t help but guess that in some way that speech lead me toward the truth I learned just a few years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment