Search The Web

STU PITT MORAN 2020

STU PITT MORAN 2020
Vote Stu Pitt NOT Stupid

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My List Isn't As Long As Yours, But... (On the Banks)

My List Isn't As Long As Yours, But... (On the Banks):

So there are a few lists of demands and grievances from the Wall Street protestors floating around the Internet now. Those I've seen pretty much confirm what I've seen in the various clips of protestors that are circulating: That most of the protestors, while rightly outraged, don't have a clue about what caused the problems they are now outraged about, nor about what to do to fix them.

So here's my list. It's a lot shorter than the ones I've posted above, and I don't think it's because I've given the matter less thought than those folks have:

1. End the Federal Reserve and replace it with nothing.

2. Legalize competing currencies.

3. End corporate welfare, including all bailouts and subsidies.

4. Stop violating the First Amendment, and prosecute those officers and police officials who have violated the First Amendment rights of protestors.

Any other ideas? I'd like to include something about reimbursing people who have lost their homes, jobs, businesses, etc. because of the government-orchestrated boom and bust. But how would you even begin to even calculate all of that? And who would be doing the reimbursing? The taxpayers? Random financial institutions? I don't see a just way of doing this, but am open to suggestions.

Any ideas people send me that I like, I'll add to my list. And I encourage others to come up with their own lists.


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment